8 de setembro de 2008

I'm just human...

You never get to choose
You live on what they send you
You know their gonna use
Things you love against you
One foot in the grave
One foot in the shower
There’s never time to save
You’re paying by the hour.
Sometimes I ask myself why I can't be human, why expect so much of me. I don't expect much of you and when you fail, I fall with you and try not to judge. It ain't easy this situation, but we only make it harder. My words crush and crumble, without intention, they're meant to alert to what is happening, but it seems I'm the only one seeing this. Maybe I'm seeing things, sometimes I wish my heart was blind and hide the tears from me. What discomforts me the most is being expected to act as light switch, that is turned on without asking, with no alert and in the face of having no alert, freaks out unleashing words... To manage feelings, is the true art of being human, keeping all those dark intentions at bay and withstanding the storm. Being supportive when no one supports you, when you're falling and there's no one to see you fall or even to catch you... Maybe I'm the selfish one for wanting so much, maybe I gave too much and expect so much more. I just don't want to stop feeling, to stop breathing, yet I'm doomed to it this way. I succumb to my own wishes and drift away in my own sea of fear and despair... Who am I?
I am Jack's smirking revenge
I am Jack's cold sweat
I am Jack's raging bile duct
I am Jack's broken heart
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise